The Middle Layer is where I live...in-between the extremes, without a label that fits.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Party Naked



It's been over a week since the "Socially Nude" party we attended, but it was such a big milestone that I really wanted to write about it all.

.. and then life happened. Food poisoning happened. Hair coloring happened. A night at the more local gay bar happened. A masquerade happened. And today a snow day happened during which My Mr. did his research thing and enrolled me in school to finally start working towards a job I will not hate. *Deep breath*


The party was at the same home as the Halloween party and we'd run into the host, Sel several times over the past few months at other groups' events. His friend The Brit answered the door and said that the host was still showering. True to the theme of the night, Sel came downstairs completely nude within minutes of our arrival.

My Mr. and I had gone through "wardrobe options" together before the drive down including my black silky boy shorts and the black, zipper adorned vest that he wore to our first Kink-ish event. I didn't want to injure his confidence any further, but when he walked out in that ensemble at home I instinctively burst out in "Y-M-C-A" complete with the arm movements. We knew that Sel had invited members of his "Men's Groups" (aka, gay groups) and were all about trying to look a little less hetero-normative than usual but it was too much. We for opted for the standard undergarments with jeans and casual tops.

The bacon wrapped jalapenos I made for the group where we first met Sel were so well received that he suggested I bake them there. I waited until the 1st batch was out of the oven and we'd each had a mojito before disrobing partially.

The first step was to strip down to my tank top (no bra), lace thong and knee-high socks. My Mr. also shed his first layer and joined me in a tank top and boxer briefs. By that part of the night several other guests were in various stages of undress... a couple in silky robes and panties, a gaggle of gay men fully nude, a girl we'd met at the previous weekend's card game in her bra & panties and JB (the host of that same card night) in just a pair of briefs. The "outfit" of the night was The Brit who, in keeping with his Brittishness wore a bow tie connected to his briefs with a single suspender. There were also a variety of cock rings, ball weights and piercings on display.

Everyone was quite social and open to introducing themselves. One gay couple in particular spent a lot of time chatting up My Mr. and flirting while talking about the Gay Nudist parties they host on a quarterly basis. They remarked that they wouldn't have issue with me coming to one, but those "Other Bitches" would cause too much drama over it..

The night at The Gay Bar did introduce me to a little of the binary, exclusionary structure of that scene, but a whole new level of understanding came from this night that will be its own rant eventually.

Another noteworthy moment came in the kitchen while I was waiting for the 2nd batch of jalapenos to come out. The "dressing area" was the breakfast nook off the kitchen so anyone that showed up walked through the kitchen to disrobe. A mid-20-something guy who introduced himself and immediately started conversation opened by telling me that I was the first naked woman he had ever been in the same room with. "Gold Star Gay," he said.

Eventually the party became like any other party except for the whole no pants thing. I've been known to be less-than shy, but for My Mr. this was ground-breaking, life-changing level of liberation and it was AWESOME.

One of the concerns voiced before the party was the whole "what if I get an erection?" thing. I only recall seeing one obvious erection all night, and My Mr. did admit to getting a little stiff watching JB massage my shoulders.

At the end of the night the guy from the kitchen thanked me for being his first and stated that I had "popped his cherry." Another cute remark about more next time was made, and I used the term "Fabulous" as I tend to do. It was then that a snarky quip from half of the gay couple we had been hanging out with really hit a nerve. I was asked why I used that term and replied that I have used it for ages. Someone else said, "Oh, yeah… she must watch LOGO TV." It took me a minute to get the reference because though I was aware there was a "Gay Network" I didn't know the name if it off-hand. It felt like I was being called/looked at as just some Fag Hag at a party with my gay husband.

The binary model of thinking that bi-sexuals or anyone else that identifies as belonging to the gray area between the preferences are just deluding themselves because they are afraid of picking a side really runs deep across both sides of the spectrum and it really frustrates me.

All that said, the party was great and we're looking into a nudist resort as a vacation spot for sometime this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment